We welcome you to learn and connect with wellness therapies grounded in local tradition, and grown with innovative science
Our main goal at the Academy is to train the next generation of wellness professionals in Ghana and bring local healing practices and innovative spa science together.
The Academy was founded to fill the lack of professional spa training in Ghana. Healing practices all over the world have contributed heavily to various professional spa certifications, and we believe local therapeutic traditions in Ghana and the rest of the African continent have a lot to offer the world in this regard.
This is why the W Academy blends VTCT accredited courses with wellness traditions from all over the continent and the world to create uniquely competitive spa technicians.
What We Offer Students
The Wellness Institute offers you the chance to acquire a recognised, grounded, holistic education in Wellness Science to rival trainings in other sectors. Our graduates go onto work as Spa Professionals, Beauty Therapists, Aesthetic Technicians and various other highly qualified positions in a variety of institutions.
Your certification from the Academy at the Wellness Institute is a key to unlocking your future as a Wellness Professional.
Qualities of a Great Wellness Professional
The Wellness Academy's programmes are very challenging and competitive, requiring students to acquire a deep understanding of human anatomy and chemical reactions, among other academically demanding subjects. To this end, we strongly recommend future students be passionate about their learning and committed to demanding study.
An ideal future Wellness Specialist already has a strong academic background after Senior High School, and is keen on learning the best practices in the science of health and wellness.
- Enquire: Call us on (+233) 505 765149 / 507 356122 or send an email to email@example.com to book a place at one of our Open Day sessions.
- Open Day: We recommend that you attend an Open Day where you can view our premises and also talk to recruitment staff and tutors about the courses.
- Apply: Complete the application form and submit along with 2 passport-sized photographs, copy of applicable WASSCE/GCSE or equivalent certificates/results slips, work testimonials either in person (to W Institute, Admin Office, 10 Lagos Avenue, East Legon) or by email ( to firstname.lastname@example.org) together with a copy of bank payment slip as proof of payment of application fee of Ghc 150 for Ghanaian students (USD 50 for international students). Bank details for payment of application fee are as follows:
W Institute Gh Ltd
North Ridge – 078 Branch
Account Number: 0264492656801
Sort code: 13-01-64
W Institute Gh Ltd
Castle Road Branch
Account Number: 0090223509501
- Interview: On receipt of application fee and proof of payment, we will ring you to arrange an interview . Your aptitude and commitment to the course will be assessed at the interview to confirm that this is the right career choice for you. For international students, a phone interview can be arranged.
- Offer: A letter will be sent after the interview offering you a place on the selected course at Wellness Institute if successful.
- Secure your place: Pay a deposit of 25% to secure your place. This is non-refundable so at this point you should be sure this is the right option for you.
- Complete payment: Full payment is expected six weeks before the start of the course (four weeks for short courses and CPD courses).